Wednesday, October 26, 2011

C4T#3

I was assigned iLearn Technology for my thrid C4T.

This is a great blog! This blog is about all different kinds of new technology or websites that you can incorporate into your lessons and use in your classroom. It’s a fun way for students to learn and a way for them to understand with interactive pictures and audio. This blog has great information and ideas of how to integrate these sites into the classroom.

Oddizzi-great website

Oddizzi is a great tool to use in your class when talking about geography and places around the world. You can also use Oddizzi for teaching about different cultures. Students can see the physical features and global features of places all over the world and it will give them information about each place and if they want to know something specific. With this website there are also fun characters that help students through the site “Odd and Izzi.” I went and took a look at this site it was pretty cool and looks like it would be really interesting to kids. I believe that this site can help teachers teach geography and get kids interested in how things are in different countries. This site you have to pay for but they do have a free trial to test and check out to see if you like it and all. I think it would be worth the money to help the kids learn using a different tool!

My first comment left on iLearn Technology's blog.
My name is Kimberly Lefferson and I am a student at the University of South Alabama and currently enrolled in EDM 310. I have read your post and looked at Oddizzi's page also. Its a great site, and just the demo itself got me so interested. I am glad I got to read about this new technology. I believe this is a great way to help our students especially with geography. Im glad I have come upon your discovery. I will definitely pass this on as a great suggestion for teachers.

Draw A Stickman- great website

This site is a great tool to use in Language Arts/English! It works with problem solving, story building, and following directions among other skills. This site is called Draw a Stickman. It is a cool website. I went and created a stickman and went through a whole story. It’s a good way to have kids list or find the parts of a story (the beginning, climax, ending)etc. It’s a great tool to get kids excited about writing/ creating a story. This site starts where you draw a stick figure and then goes through a few challenges and has you draw different things the stickman would need. It’s a great way to have kids work together and decide what they should do to help the stickman (problem solving).
I have bookmarked these different pages and I will have to remember to try and incorporate these tools into my lessons in the future as well as keep up with iLearn Technology’s blog!

My second comment left on iLeran Technology's blog.
My name is Kimberly Lefferson and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently enrolled in EDM310. This site "Draw a Stickman" is very fun and inviting for kids. I went and did one myself. Its a great way to have the students problem solve and think about what they can do to help their stickman. This site is another great way to incorporate technology into the classroom. This would be a great tool to use in a Language Arts/ English class. I am glad that you found this site and shared it with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a great website for the elementary ages! I am glad that you have found so great tools that maybe you can use for your classroom.

    Great job Kimberly,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete